I didn’t know if he would come. 我不知道他是否会来。
They never knew that population would become a big problem. 他们从来都不知道人口问题将会成为一个大问题。
She didn’t tell me where she would go. 她没有告诉我她要去哪儿。
Betty said she would visit the Great Wall next Saturday. 贝蒂说下周六她要去参观长城。
He said he would come to see me. 他说他要来看我。
He told me he would go to Beijing. 他告诉我他将去北京。
2.“was/ were+going to+动词原形”常表示按计划或安排即将发生的事。例如：
She said she was going to start off at once. 她说她将立即出发。
I was told that he was going to return home. 有人告诉我他准备回家。
It seemed as if it was going to rain. 看来好像要下雨。
3. come， go， leave， arrive， start等瞬时动词动词可用过去进行时表示过去将来的含义。例如：
He said the train was leaving at six the next morning. 他说火车将于第二天早晨六点离开。
She told me she was coming to see me. 她告诉我她要来看我。
The teacher said that it would be very difficult to make progress if I didn’t work hard. 老师说，如果我不努力学习的话，就很难取得进步。
误：We didn’t know whether he is going to speak at the meeting.
正：We didn’t know whether he was going to speak at the meeting.
误：The teacher asked Tom what he was going to be when he would grow up.
正：The teacher asked Tom what he was going to be when he grew up.
误：They said that they were going to the farm if it would not rain the next Sunday.
正：They said that they were going to the farm if it didn’t rain the next Sunday.
误：Wang Lin rang up to tell her mother that she should buy some books.
正：Wang Lin rang up to tell her mother that she would buy some books.
【典型考例】（2019江苏无锡）--–Uncle Sam said he ____________ my birthday party, but he never showed up.
--- That’s Uncle Sam. He forgets everything!
A. will attend B. would attend C. has attended D. had attended
Miss Zhang said she ________(visit) the Great Wall next summer.
2. She told him that she ________(not stay) here for long.
3. I wasn’t sure whether Lucy_______(come) the next year.
4. The scientists said the world’s population _______ (slow) down in future.
5. She said the bus _______(leave) at five the next morning.
6. I wasn't sure whether he _______(lend) me his book the next morning.
7. He was fifty-six. In two years he _______(be) fifty-eight.
8. Whenever she has time, she ______(help) them in their work.
1. Li Ming said he _____happy if Brian_____to China next month.
A. as; come B. was; would come C. would be; came D. will be; come
2. Jenny said she _____her holiday in China.
A. spent B. would spent C. was going to spent D. would spend
3. —What did your son say in the letter?—He told me that he ______ the Disney World the next day.
A. will visit B. has visited C. is going to visit D. would visit
4. I hoped Tina ______ to my birthday party on time the next Wednesday.
A. to come B. is coming C. will come D. was coming
5. Father said that he ______ me to Beijing the next year.
A. took B. would take C. takes D. will take
6. We were not sure whether they ______ more vegetables.
A. are going to grow B. were going to grow C. will grow D. have grown
7. She ______ to work when the telephone rang.
A. is going B. will go C. was about to go D. is to go
she is going to practise the piano this Sunday. She said.（合并为一句）
She said that she _______ _______ _______ ______ the piano that Sunday.